12 January 1930|
|Died||21 February 1997
Luitgard Im (12 January 1930 – 21 February 1997) was a German theater and film actress. She was active in many movies and TV-production for almost 50 years.
Luitgard Im was born in Wemding, Germany.
Luitgard Im debuted on film in the German movie Alle kann ich nicht heiraten in 1952. The following years she had the lead role in many TV-movies like Die Stunde der Antigone, Phädra, and Fräulein Julie. She won particular fame as Electra and as Judith in the eponymous plays by Jean Giraudoux and as Cleopatra in George Bernard Shaw's Caesar and Cleopatra. She received considerable success in the movie Wenn süß das Mondlicht auf den Hügeln schläft ("When the sweet Moonlight on the hills is sleeping") in 1969. In 1965, she received the Golden Camera award. Im had several roles in popular TV-series like Der Kommissar, Der Alte and Derrick, where she appeared in two episodes (in 1975 and 1981). Her final role was in the German TV-series Air Albatros in 1994.
Im died aged 67 in her birthtown Wemding in 1997.
A book under the title Arm, aber reich... was published posthumously with experienced and told anecdotes of Luitgard Im.
- 1952 Alle kann ich nicht heiraten (Emmi)
- 1955 Urlaub auf Ehrenwort (Dagmar Köhler)
- 1969 Wenn süß das Mondlicht auf den Hügeln schläft (May)
- 1979 Weichselkirschen (Anna)
- 1954 Die Generalprobe (TV movie) (Julie)
- 1960 Die Stunde der Antigone (TV movie) (Antigone)
- 1963 Beatrice und Juan (TV movie) (Julia)
- 1964 Elektra (TV movie) (Elektra)
- 1975 Derrick - "Kamillas Junger Freund" (Kamilla) (TV-series)
- 1981 Derrick - "Die Stunde Der Mörder" (Frau Dederich) (TV-series)
- 1994 Air Albatros (TV-series)